Feeding & Handling Automation
SP Technology integrates the latest technologies into our bespoke automated machines, including those for feeding and part handling. These include vibratory bowl feeders, which are used to feed small individual components into another part of the machine one by one, rotated in a specific direction to be assembled on production lines. The feeders work by subtly shaking the parts within the bowl so that they travel along a conveyor, shaped to fit the specific part so that they are all gradually aligned, leaving the feeder one by one all in the same orientation. Different coatings are applied to each bowl dependant on the size, shape and material of the component that is to be fed.
Vibratory feeders can be used by a number of manufacturing industries including:
Bowl Feeders / Vibrating Feeders that consist of a bowl top with a spiral track internally, component parts travel from the bottom to the top of the bowl on a track due to the vibration of the bowl.
Centrifugal Feeders / Rotary Feeders which have a conical central driven rotor which is surrounded by a circular bowl wall. The component parts are separated using rotary force high speed, pulling the parts outside of the bowl.
Step Feeders component parts are gathered by the hopper which has elevating plates to pre-sort the parts upwards until the correct transfer height is reached. Key to the step feeder is the reduction in noise as no vibration is required.
Linear Feeders use horizontal feeding of components and travel both short and relatively long distances and therefore can act as buffer storage.
Carpet Feeders are used when step feeders or bowl feeders are not suitable, these tend to be used for more fragile parts.
3-Axis Vibration Feeders uses robotic part feeders and a vibratory plate to distribute parts evenly on a level surface to then be picked up by an industrial robot. This type of feeder allows for an extremely high performance of flexible part handling/feeding, part handling orientation and optimal surface distribution of bulk parks and components.
Why choose SP Technology to develop your feeding and handling automated system?
- Cutting edge high volume and high-speed feeding systems with optimum handling and reliability give you a competitive edge!
- Eliminate ‘downtime’ with minimal changeover required between different product types.
- SP Technology can integrate a feeding system into your existing production line or we can design, develop and build a new one tailored to your production, for part handing of the most complex and fragile parts.
- Continuous innovation process, global support, excellent communication.
- Our testimonials speak for themselves!
Read more about our automation FAQs here…
- Benefits of Automation
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Industrial Robots
- Automated Medical Device & Assembly Systems
- Bespoke Automation – what does it mean?
- Benefits of Automated Production Lines