NO AGENCIES PLEASE
CONTROL SYSTEM DESIGN ENGINEER
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DOE
SP Automation & Robotics design and manufacture Bespoke Automation Solutions for a wide variety of industries including Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Electronics, and Industrial Devices. Typically, projects can range from £200K up to £2.5M, predominantly for the UK market, but we can provide and support systems worldwide. Our solutions can be for device assembly, automated testing, final packaging, and palletising systems using latest technologies including robotics, vision systems, servo motion, high speed pick and place systems to name but a few.
If you would like to come work for a highly innovative company and feel you fulfil the some or all of the following requirements, the please forward you CV with salary expectations.
- Degree Qualified person in Electrical Engineering/Control Engineering
- Experience of specifying and programming of Network Bus Systems, SCADA, PLC, and Safety PLC Systems
- Multiple platforms including Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens, Beckhoff and Allen Bradley.
- Machine Risk Assessment including compiling any necessary calculations pertaining to the Safety Related Parts of the Control System (SRPCS) elements
- Understanding and identifying machine hazards and designing the Control System to ensure operator safety.
- Use of Sistema Software to generate compliance calculations.
- Knowledge of all pertinent Control Standards for compliance to the Machinery Directive.
- Knowledge of CE Marking requirements from a Control based function.
- Liaising with Software Design department to agree control hardware, system architecture and assign PLC addressing.
- Generate block diagrams to outline machine architecture.
- AC Voltage distribution.
- DC Voltage distribution.
- PLC Control Systems.
- Motion Control Systems.
- Safety System.
- Generate Electrical Drawings for all elements in the machine whether wiring, chassis build or otherwise. (AutoCAD Electrical).
- Compile Bill of Materials for Electrical Design.
- Working with the wider Engineering Team to ensure Control elements are procured to meet Project Plan phases.
- Working with the Control Technicians, ensure the stock levels of consumable items are maintained.
- Generate Control Section of Machine Manual ensuring all relevant information recorded and stored within.
- Complete machine inspection documents prior to machine trials by Client.
- Compile EMC Documentation.
- Fault Finding on Control Systems on SP Systems and other Supplier equipment.
- Assist with machine debug to ensure the project maintains deadline dates.
- Operate as part of the Engineering Team by providing assistance and mentoring where possible.
- Own and be aware of Project Plan milestones ensuring the Control Design element meets or exceeds planned deadline dates.
If you would like to apply please send a copy of your CV to:
SP Automation & Robotics
George Buckman Drive
Camperdown Industrial Park