NO AGENCIES PLEASE
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER – AUTOMATION
Salary – DOE
We are currently looking to expand our Mechanical Design team.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the design of Automation Equipment or similar type machinery utilising pneumatic, servo actuated or hydraulically operated actuators. This position is not suitable for recent graduates, however, applicants with a good mechanical design engineering background will also be considered.
Although working within the mechanical design department the candidate would IDEALLY, but not essential, be required to possess a working knowledge of both Control and PLC Software aspects of logic-controlled systems as they will form part of a multi-discipline team. As the systems are predominantly mechanically orientated the candidate would also be responsible for the Project Management aspect of the job.
- Proficient with Autodesk Inventor 2013 (or later) and Solid Works would be ideal
- Knowledge of pneumatic components, circuits, and their design.
- Basic Project Management tools.
- Risk Assessment procedures (preferable)
- Familiarity of the Machinery Directive and other machine related standards (including the latest EN ISO 13849-1 Safety Related Parts of the Control Systems).
- Technical writing abilities when compiling Machine Manual Documentation. (preferable)
- Ability to follow Project Plans and work to project milestones.
- Competent on the use of Microsoft Office 2010 products including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Driving Licence would be advantageous.
- Willing to travel (albeit infrequently) for Client or Supplier meetings
If you feel you have the qualities required for this position please send a copy of your recent CV and covering letter with salary/package expectations to:
SP Automation & Robotics
George Buckman Drive
Camperdown Industrial Park